Moodle keeps getting better and there’s always a lot of interest in what’s new with each updated version. Over the last year, we’ve been working with our clients to upgrade them to Moodle 4 after many years of great results from the venerable 3.x platform.
The move to Moodle 4.x was a huge milestone for Moodle. As well as myriad architectural improvements to create a foundation for future developments, Moodle 4 saw the introduction of a brand new modernized user interface, enhanced editing, improved question bank, and tons of administrator updates. Version 4.1 was the first Long Term Support (LTS) release of the Moodle 4 era, and remains the recommended option for those who value less frequent upgrades over regular upgrades.
For those keen to stay up to date with the latest features, Moodle 4.2 brings a wealth of new and updated capabilities to Moodle LMS. Here’s the top 10:
- Easier Course Page Editing
- Course Hierarchy Layout with Visual Hierarchy restored (it was taken out in 4.0!)
- Bulk Course Editing
- New Report Sources – Comments and Badges
- Gradebook and Grader Report Improvements
- TinyMCE as the default editor
- Quiz Improvements with Customisable Question Numbers
- Direct Messaging within Assignment grading
- Integration with Matrix Chat Rooms
- Integration with MoodleNet
Although this list is for Moodle LMS, keep an eye out for Moodle Workplace 4.2 which will follow soon, with all the above and further Workplace-specific improvements to Report Builder, branding enhancements – with auto color generation for tenants, new block management and lots more.
If you’d like to talk to a Moodle expert at Enovation about Moodle 4.2 and our exclusive additional themes, modules and connectors, get in touch and we’ll be happy to show you how Enovation can take your Moodle to the next level.